Re: [RESEND] benet: BladeEngine 10Gb NIC driver

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Nov 02 2008 - 08:15:36 EST

Subbu Seetharaman wrote:
Jeff,

It is more than two months since the benet driver patch was made available as a single file as suggeted by you :

ftp://ftp.serverengines.com/0001.benet.patch

I have not seen this applied. Is there any reason for not applying this patch ? Do you want a patch against the latest git tree ?

The overall consensus at this year's Linux Kernel Summit was that this driver still needs a lot of cleanup, so I'm gonna try an experiment and stick this in the staging tree (currently jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git#benet).

Greg, do I need to do anything beyond simply putting it into the directory? Do I need to add some code to taint, perhaps?

Jeff