commit a802dd0e breaks console keyboard input

From: walt
Date: Thu Oct 23 2008 - 20:09:40 EST

Hi team,

commit a802dd0eb5fc97a50cf1abb1f788a8f6cc5db635
Author: Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon Oct 13 23:50:08 2008 +0200

Call init_workqueues before pre smp initcalls.

This commit causes the console login prompt to ignore my keystrokes
so I'm unable to log in (though ssh works fine). Oddly, if I hit
ctrl-alt-delete the machine does reboot, but no other keystrokes
appear on the screen or have any effect that I can detect.

No surprise that this problem appears only on my dual-core amd64
machine, while the k7 single processor machine works normally.

I've not seen anyone else complaining on the linux list, so maybe
this is a BIOS bug on the affected machine? It's an ECS mobo with
a GeForce6100PM-M2 chipset, and I use a ps/2 keyboard.

Thanks.