Re: Typo bug [Re: Linux 2.6.27-rc8]

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue Sep 30 2008 - 17:37:28 EST

Yinghai Lu wrote:
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:59 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yinghai Lu wrote:
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:47 AM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ingo Molnar wrote:
early_param("enble_mtrr_cleanup", enable_mtrr_cleanup_setup);
^^^^^^

Nice ;)
heh. Could you send a patch with a changelog please?
These options are also named inconsistently with all other options.

The standard way to name an boolean option is "foo" versus "nofoo", in
this
case, "mtrrcleanup" vs "nomtrrcleanup".

ok, we could change it...
If we're fixing a typo anyway I'd suggest so. We know we're not breaking
anyone's working setup...

mtrr_cleanup and no_mtrr_cleanup?

Dashes seem to be used more than underscores, so it probably should be "mtrr-cleanup" and "nomtrr-cleanup" if you want a separator.

-hpa