Re: [patch 2/2] PNP: don't check disabled PCI BARs for conflicts inquirk_system_pci_resources()

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Sep 29 2008 - 15:14:35 EST

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Rene Herman wrote:

> I believe the possible issue is that resources that do _not_ (seem to) start
> at zero might also be disabled.

But that is irrelevant.

If we have registered them in the resource tree, then PnP must ignore
them.

The fact is, this is not about being enabled or disabled. This is about
the PnP tree containing resources that we already parsed from the PCI
stuff, and once we've seen them as PCI resources, there's not really
anything valuable in the PnP information.

Linus