Re: [GIT PULL] kmemcheck fixlets (for -tip)

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Sep 29 2008 - 03:54:56 EST

* Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ingo,
>
> Here is the fixlets branch, including bitfields API. I think it would
> be very nice if you could make this a *separate* branch in -tip, say
> kmemcheck-fixlets or so, as it may touch any part of the kernel and
> doesn't carry the acks of those maintainers.
>
> With these patches, you should be able to include kmemcheck in
> auto-testing again. At least it works for me :-)
>
> You may also kill tip/kmemcheck-dma, which has been integrated already.

branches are hard to kill in Git (anyone pushing back from a tree that
still has the old branch will re-create it). The name is sufficiently
generic so we keep keep it. The name can be reused in the future
eventually.

> The following changes since commit 9f24b3ed3058f022dad24f8304b9ad53adf5aa71:
> Vegard Nossum (1):
> x86: use REP MOVS instruction for memcpy if kmemcheck is enabled
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vegard/kmemcheck.git fixlets-for-tip
>
> Vegard Nossum (6):
> kmemcheck: bitfield API
> net: use kmemcheck bitfields API for skbuff
> net: annotate bitfields in struct inet_sock
> ieee1394: annotate bitfield
> ieee1394/csr1212: fix false positive kmemcheck report
> kmemcheck: allocate struct siginfo with SLAB_NOTRACK
>
> drivers/ieee1394/csr1212.c | 2 ++
> drivers/ieee1394/nodemgr.c | 7 ++++++-
> include/linux/kmemcheck.h | 39 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> include/linux/skbuff.h | 31 +++++++++++++++++++------------
> include/net/inet_sock.h | 24 +++++++++++++++---------
> kernel/signal.c | 8 +++++++-
> net/core/skbuff.c | 8 ++++++++

pulled into tip/kmemcheck-bitfields, thanks Vegard. I've also propagated
this new branch into the integration rules of auto-kmemcheck-next.

Ingo