Re: [kernel-abi] symbol versioning vs. out-of-tree modules.

From: Tilman Schmidt
Date: Fri Sep 26 2008 - 05:51:13 EST

Christoph Hellwig schrieb:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 05:07:59PM +0200, Pawe? Sikora wrote:
Hi All,

with out-of-tree kernel modules we (users and linux distributions)

"we" aka the idiots that use out of tree modules on production systems.

Tsk. Tsk. Insults are no substitute for arguments.

Just stop doing that, and your problem is solved.

s/solved/transformed into an even harder one/

Before throwing out something used on production systems you
have to have a working replacement solution. Yes, I know, people
are working on that, but "being worked on" != "working".

HTH
T.

--
Tilman Schmidt E-Mail: tilman@xxxxxxx