Re: Turning off camera also kills card reader on EeePC 900

From: Alan Jenkins
Date: Thu Sep 25 2008 - 17:18:35 EST

Pascal Terjan wrote:
On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Alan Jenkins
<alan-jenkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
The "HC died" message is interesting. Sounds like the controller for
these two USB devices stops working. Maybe try unloading and reloading
the ehci module? I don't think I can help any more though.

The issue also exist on 701 on 2.6.27-rc7 so the regression is in the
kernel not in the hardware
On the bright side, that means more people should have the hardware to test it on (including me :-).

I've certainly used the camera enable/disable at some point. But I could have missed the error message, and frankly I don't use the camera or cardreader very often. I'll have a bash at it tomorrow.

Sitsofe says it reproduced on kernel.org 2.6.21 (presumably with an out-of-tree eeepc module). So I guess this isn't a simple git-bisect job - more thinking required...

Thanks
Alan