Re: CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO on Thinkpad blanks display.

From: carbonated beverage
Date: Thu Sep 25 2008 - 15:10:06 EST

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:07:46AM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > Without CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO, the above message don't appear. From this point,
> > any pointers on figuring out why the ACPI features makes the screen go blank?
>
> Yes. X assumed that any ACPI key press was a request to switch the video
> output. Upgrade X.

Since CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO wasn't required before 2.6.26.x to change the LCD
brightness, I'd rather the kernel go back to whatever it was doing for
2.6.25.x. Upgrading X past what's currently packaged by the distribution
just to get a new kernel working is somewhat of a pain.

What change linked the brightness keys to CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO?

-- DN
Daniel