Re: PTE access rules & abstraction

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 19:57:19 EST

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Now, regarding the above bug, I'm afraid the only approaches I see that
> would work would be to have either a ptep_get_and_clear_flush(), which I
> suppose x86 virt. people will hate, or maybe to actually have a powerpc
> specific variant of the new start/commit hooks that does the flush.

Whyever not the latter? Jeremy seems to have gifted that to you,
for precisely such a purpose.

Hugh

p.s. I surely agree with you over the name ptep_get_and_clear_full():
horrid, even more confusing than the tlb->fullmm from which it derives
its name. I expect I'd agree with you over a lot more too, but please,
bugfixes first.