Re: [19.666764] Disabling IRQ #23

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Fri Sep 19 2008 - 21:19:22 EST

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 5:56 PM, David Brownell <david-b@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/gregkh-02-usb.current/
>
> the patch
>
> usb-fix-ehci-periodic-transfers.patch
>
> seems like it should resolve the root cause of this, and
>
> usb-ehci-fix-some-ehci-hangs-and-crashes.patch
>
> would cover symptoms which probably caused the "Disabling..." message.
> Both patches were in that LKML thread you referenced.

Cool, I did apply that patch and the periodic patch as well,
after doing so the system did not report any disable irq #23
message., but after running these two for a few days without
any issues I reverted. Then looking more into my situation,
I think ehci_hcd was getting confused with one usb device being
created by udev, and then a few seconds later another device with the
same numbers
created by hal(if thats how those two work), causing ehci_hcd to freak out.
in any case; applying the patch you had mentioned, as well
as the periodic patch did make ehci_hcd accept the two(if thats what
was happening).

regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock