Re: How how latent should non-preemptive scheduling be?

From: Sitsofe Wheeler
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 17:28:46 EST

Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
I have an EeePC 900 (Intel Celeron 900Mhz) and it seems to be skipping while playing sound through various desktop apps with a 2.6.27rc6 kernel. It is running off an SD card which really shows up slow writes but the sound is seemingly skipping even when ext3 is not being used. When look at latencytop I often see results similar to this:

One other small datapoint. When the skipping starts to occur regularly it seems to be exactly 30 seconds apart. ALSA doesn't report any xruns either...