Re: Request for MCE decode (AMD Barcelona, fam 10h)

From: Tony Vroon
Date: Sun Sep 07 2008 - 00:20:52 EST

On Sun, 2008-09-07 at 05:16 +0200, Jeroen van Rijn wrote:
> Still, before I sign off, have you tried running "mcelog
> --ascii"? It needs to be run on the machine the check occured on. It
> might give you something to go on before the cavalry arrives.

That worked, thank you. Had to feed it back in as /dev/mcelog was empty,
but it made a bit more sense of it:

MCE 0
HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
Please contact your hardware vendor
CPU 0 0 data cache bit57 = processor context corrupt
bit59 = misc error valid
bit61 = error uncorrected
bit62 = error overflow (multiple errors)
bus error 'local node observed, request didn't time out
generic error mem transaction
generic access, level generic'
STATUS fa00002000020c0f MCGSTATUS 0
MCE 1
HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
Please contact your hardware vendor
CPU 4 0 data cache bit57 = processor context corrupt
bit59 = misc error valid
bit61 = error uncorrected
bit62 = error overflow (multiple errors)
bus error 'generic participation, request timed out
generic error mem transaction
generic access, level generic'
STATUS fa00000000070f0f MCGSTATUS 0

> Best regards,