Re: [RFC patch 0/4] TSC calibration improvements

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Sat Sep 06 2008 - 17:27:25 EST

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > >
> > > Show some _taste_.
> >
> > Tell the hardware dudes who made that crap so difficult
>
> No. I'm telling you, because that patch IS CRAP.
>
> > Over which _whole_ thing ? You want to have the very very fast thing,
> > which is not reliable under all circumstances as Alok pointed out and
> > I merily added a sanity check around that for testing.
>
> You can move that thing _out_ into a function of its own.

I know, but I'm not going to do that at 11PM.

> Here's a hint: we don't do cut-and-paste programming. And we don't get
> extra points for bloating a single function with the same unreadable code
> over and over and over again.
>
> How many copies do you want? And here's a hint: the answer is _one_. If
> you get any other answer, your patch is SHIT.

I didn't know that sending a test patch which is admittetly not pretty
is a capital crime nowadays.

In future I'll restrict myself to look at such stuff only on Monday to
Friday between 9AM and 5PM and send test/RFC patches only when they
got approved by the nonshitapproval committee, which holds a meeting
once a month.

Yours grumpy,

tglx