Re: linux-next: Tree for September 3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 01:26:43 EST

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Andrew Morton wrote:

> This breakage spans over 1000 commits. Not sure how that can happen in
> a rebased tree, but whatever.

If the only problem is that dmesg thing, and that cardbus doesn't work as
a result, try my small patch before even bothering to bisect. I _think_ it
will fix that thing.

But that particular thing actually comes from my source tree and is not
linux-next specific, so if this is something that started happening only
with Linux-next, and doesn't happen in my tree, then there is something
else going on too with your Vaio.

Maybe that cardbus problem has been going on for a while, and you just
didn't notice because it didn't matter? And now you have some new problem
that is unrelated to that resource thing?

Linus