[Patch 0/2] Driver core: device_register() and put_device()

From: Cornelia Huck
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 12:26:56 EST

Hi Greg,

recently I stumbled over a bug in my code where I called kfree() on a
device after device_register() had been called (instead of using
put_device()). This seems to be a trap that is easily hit, so I added
some clarifications to the docbook comments for the device registration
functions. Looking further at the driver core code, I found that
device_create_vargs() contains the same bug.

The patches are on top of the driver core quilt.

[Patch 1/2] Driver core: Clarify device cleanup.
[Patch 2/2] Driver core: Fix cleanup in device_create_vargs().