Re: Regression in 2.6.27 caused by commit bfc0f59

From: Larry Finger
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 00:55:17 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

On the machine you have trouble with the PIT on, does this thing trigger?

If it does, that could be a simple way to say whether you prefer PM_TIMER over PIT.

For me, even on a modern machine, I get a pit_count of 46321, which matches the "about one microsecond for an ISA/LPC read" timing pretty well. What do you get?

On the problem AMD K6, the count is 29411. On my almost new AMD Turion 64 X2 that runs at 2.0 GHz, the value was 31401. A cutoff value of 25000 may be a bit close. That machine says that it calibrates against the PM_TIMER, but cat /sys/devices/...../current_clocksource returns hpet.

Larry