Re: HAVE_CLK (for <linux/clk.h> support)

From: Bryan Wu
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 06:05:32 EST

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Felipe Balbi <felipe.balbi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 05:48:14PM +0800, ext Bryan Wu wrote:
>> Sorry for jumping in so later. I noticed Blackfin does not support
>> HAVE_CLK currently.
>> As the HAVE_CLK dependence is included in the kernel mainline, MUSB
>> parts do not show up in the Kconfig because of lacking of HAVE_CLK.
>>
>> To implement clk infrastructure in Blackfin will be later than merging
>> MUSB Blackfin parts to upstream.
>>
>> Any idea?
>
> dude, you're really late on this one. Now that musb depends on HAVE_CLK
> and we have things working for that. What you can do is locally (on your
> tree) remove the HAVE_CLK dependency so you can keep musb development
> going. But don't push that patch upstream. Meanwhile, you'll have time
> to implement clk framework support for blackfin.

Too bad, I just realize this when I try to port my local blackfin
patch for upstream merge.
You're right, currently I remove the dependency locally. So I need to
add a new task to implement clk framework for Blackfin.

OK, another question, do you know where is the latest usb development
git tree, buddy?

Thanks
-Bryan