2.6.2[67] unexpected IRQ trap at vector 9c

From: Mikael Abrahamsson
Date: Sun Aug 31 2008 - 03:17:42 EST

Hello.

I have a VIA SN motherboard and I am having trouble with a nvidia 6200LE under 2.6.2[67]. I have tried 2.6.26.3 (kernel.org kernel I compiled myself), ubuntu 8.10 alpha4 supplied 2.6.26 and 2.6.27 kernels, all exhibit the same problem.

Ubuntu 8.04 supplied 2.6.24 kernel works fine.

My nvidia 7600GT works fine with all above kernels. I borrowed a nvidia 8500GT as well, it shows the same symptoms as the 6200LE.

Here are pictures from the bootup, this is scrolling past very quickly so I took a picture as I couldn't gather the text in log form (the kernel won't boot):

<http://swm.pp.se/irq/IMG_0039-s.jpg>
<http://swm.pp.se/irq/IMG_0041-s.jpg>

I don't remember which kernel/hardware combination showed which output, but if it's important I can find out.

My hardware specs can be seen at URL below (in the end there are lspci etc). This case is regarding another issue I am having with the ubuntu installer, but all the same, it hopefully includes enough relevant information regarding my hardware...

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-nv/+bug/158018>

Link to the motherboard specs at Via:

<http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?motherboard_id=550>

Any idea what's going on and how I can proceed in further diagnosing the problem?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx