Re: An idea .... with code

From: jassi brar
Date: Tue Aug 26 2008 - 20:44:21 EST

Hi Jochen, Marcin and Bill,

> Some minor remarks below.
> It's better to check this patch with scripts/checkpatch.pl
Thanks for the feedback. I admit the code is not near perfection, but then
i think that comes after the community finds the idea any worth.

> will it interface with crypto applications like LUKS?
It should work with LUKS, as it transparently emulates a file as a block device.
Please suggest a test case(webpage?) to verify it against LUKS, as i don't know much about it.

As i said the code was just as a proof of concept hastily put together. I heard Linux folks hate Ideas without code :)
Btw, i personally believe not everyone with an idea could code well and not every good programmer is as well creative.

Regards,
-Jassi