Re: Re: [BUG] get_rtc_time() triggers NMI watchdog inhpet_rtc_interrupt()

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Aug 26 2008 - 06:40:19 EST

* Alan Jenkins <alan-jenkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I beat you :-). I noticed the problem myself. It does trigger if I
> run hwclock in a loop.
>
> while true; do hwclock; done
>
> However it is fine in latest git. Looks like Ingo's patch has been
> merged, and has fixed it.

ah, good - thanks for testing it. I havent seen a lockup on the T60
either - but it was very sporadic to begin with. (and now we understand
why: hwclock is running only once per reboot.)

Plus, the real bug has to be found as well: who in the rtc ioctl path
calls this code with irqs disabled - it's not nice.

Ingo