Re: Fwd: domU lenny not working: BUG: unable to handle kernelpaging request at e7437cc0

From: Ian Campbell
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 16:22:52 EST

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 20:46 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:

> I thought the tools did this (so expected the Lenny tools to be
> correct) but looking at the code it seems it is the domain 0 kernel
> which does it.

Uh, I'm thinking backwards here. It's the frontend which writes it but
the backend needs to understand it which the Etch kernel does not.

Unfortunately this means that writing the protocol node as I suggest
won't work.

Only thing I can recommend at the moment is to use a kernel which does
have this (i.e. one from
http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg) or to use a 32 bit
Etch kernel if you want to run 32 bit guests.

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

If life isn't what you wanted, have you asked for anything else?