Re: Upcoming oops in lockdep

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 02:53:24 EST

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 13:49 -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> in kerneloops.org a crash (slab poison) in mark_lock is coming up
> rapidly:
>
> http://www.kerneloops.org/searchweek.php?search=mark_lock
>
> and despite a few earlier hits on the same function it seems to be
> something introduced in 2.6.27-rc... (the older ones aren't slab poison)

infradeads.org hehe

can this crash be reproduced without lockdep? Normally when I see
crashes like this its crashing because the lock itself is stomped on
(use after free, for example), and lockdep happens to be the one to
touch it first (the lockdep state is by far the largest bit of the
spinlock data too).