Re: Would it be better for git-commits-head to have -M -C diffs?

From: James Cloos
Date: Fri Aug 15 2008 - 07:33:21 EST

>>>>> "David" == David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

JimC> I think it would also be useful were the From: header of each
JimC> message set to the commit's Author. I run each commit through a
JimC> script to do that locally, but the archives would also benefit
JimC> from that.

David> It would be nice, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. They aren't
David> always valid email addresses. Maybe a Reply-To: header, rather
David> than From: ?

I'd still need to pass them through the script I use; the point is to
have the summary window in my MUA display useful names in the mail
author column.

Archive searching would also need it to be the From: header.

They would, though, probably need a Reply-To:, MFT: or similar pointing
replies to linux-kernel. I hadn't thought of that aspect until reading
your reply....

I suppose the -M -C change would be enough for now.

-JimC (still waking up)
--
James Cloos <cloos@xxxxxxxxxxx> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6