Re: Power management for SCSI

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Thu Aug 14 2008 - 18:11:58 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2008-March/016849.html
First the general comments/questions:

#
#1. It's done at the wrong level: suspend "device" is actually a target
#function. There's no way on a multi-lun device we want to keep the
#flags and last_busy anywhere but in the target

So... if there's one device with Lun0==cdrom1 and Lun1==cdrom2, it is a
single target, and we want to keep flags/last busy common to all that?

Actually a command set driver like sd surely wants last_busy (time of last use) separate for each LU for auto-spindown, doesn't it?

I'm not sure about the rest, i.e. delay, counter, flags.

What is good data structure to add? I see scsi_tgt*.h, but it is very
short, and there does not seem to be good structure to hook into.

include/scsi/scsi_tgt*.h are for local target implementations. The representation of "remote" targets, as seen by local initiators, is include/scsi/scsi_device.h's struct scsi_target.
--
Stefan Richter