Re: [patch 1.2.32] WAN: merge driver retina

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Aug 07 2008 - 02:31:51 EST

Matti Linnanvuori wrote:
The following patch is based on linux-next:
http://pcidriver.googlegroups.com/web/retina-patch.txt?gda=Hj6V2UEAAAD9a223ZdyQxc6jQf5toR434ka3fTOuf9SStRjUQ9KuyGG1qiJ7UbTIup-M2XPURDRb8A7WwO6f6JZwMwSZaAwRMXXBcZFbXU7ojtsMSuO4sA
The build error and the warnings reported by David Miller have been fixed.

The version I reviewed uses virt_to_bus(), which should not be used in modern drivers. The DMA API should be used instead.

A couple months ago I created a 'retina' branch of jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git containing your latest code. If you could send patches against that, that would be helpful in reviewing the improvements you make to the driver, and help us get this into the kernel.

Jeff