Re: Problems with disk + network on 2.6.25.11-60.fc8

From: David Stuart
Date: Wed Aug 06 2008 - 21:43:33 EST

David Stuart wrote:
Alan Cox wrote:
That would be great - if it makes no difference, yet high network traffic
is the key factor then it mostly eliminates bugs in the network drivers
from suspicion. At that point its time to dig deeper into the chip config.

Hi Alan,

So I switched back to my old on-board network card (removing the prior card altogether from the case). I tried my test-case, which involves downloading some big files while simultaneously running a find command.

I *was* able to reproduce the issue fairly quickly.

The key difference is that this time I was using the skge kernel module for networking. So, I tend to agree that it is most likely not a network driver problem.

Hello,

It occurs to me that you might be implying there is some "chip config" that I can retrieve and give to you. Is there anything I can/should do in order to give you more information, or is this pretty much out of my hands at this point?

Should I be filing a bug report for this?

--
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink
what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.