Re: [RFC 0/5] [TALPA] Intro to a linux interface for on access scanning

From: Casey Schaufler
Date: Mon Aug 04 2008 - 22:49:44 EST

Eric Paris wrote:
Please contact me privately or (preferably the list) for questions,
comments, discussions, flames, names, or anything. I'll do complete
rewrites of the patches if someone tells me how they don't meet their
needs or how they can be done better. I'm here to try to bridge the
needs (and wants) of the anti-malware vendors with the technical
realities of the kernel. So everyone feel free to throw in your two
cents and I'll try to reconcile it all. These 5 patches are part 1.
They give us a working able solution.

>From my point of view patches forthcoming and mentioned below should
help with performance for those who actually have userspace scanners but
also could presents be implemented using this framework.

The LSM list (CCed) should be included in this discussion.
Background