[2.6.26.1] And one very confused mouse!

From: Chris Rankin
Date: Sun Aug 03 2008 - 07:57:58 EST

Hi,

I have just cold-booted a machine into 2.6.26.1 for the very first time, and for a few seconds I had great difficulty using my PS/2 mouse. Here is what I found in the dmesg log afterwards:

input: PS/2 Generic Mouse as /class/input/input6
psmouse.c: Failed to enable mouse on isa0060/serio1
psmouse.c: Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away.
psmouse.c: resync failed, issuing reconnect request
psmouse.c: Failed to enable mouse on isa0060/serio1
psmouse.c: Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away.
psmouse.c: resync failed, issuing reconnect request
input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse as /class/input/input7

It seems to have recovered now, but I have never seen this behaviour before and so thought that I should report it. I will monitor this...

Cheers,
Chris