Process Status Callback to Module

From: Chris
Date: Sun Aug 03 2008 - 00:20:23 EST

I need a spot of help and I'm hoping someone can set me straight. I'm
working on a module that keeps state about a small number of
processes. Each time one of those processes exit, the module should
purge the corresponding state and I'm struggling to find a nice way to
do that. Is there an existing callback mechanism to kick the module
with notification upon a process exit? I've briefly read about the
connector project, but AFAIK that's geared to notify userspace rather
than a kernel module. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

If replying, kindly CC my address directly b/c I'm not subscribed to the list.

Cheers,
Chris