Re: 463 kernel developers missing!

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 16:59:39 EST

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:32:29PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> However publishing a name and performing data processing on personal data
> databases for other purposes is not the same thing at least in some
> jurisdictions. In the EU you collect data "for a purpose".

And in some countries (at least France) you need to declare the existence
of a list you constitute from personal data (names, addresses, etc...)
and the persons referenced in your list are always granted a right to
be removed upon a simple request. This right is scrupulously respected,
and I can say that I've successfully used it many times to be removed
from advertisers' lists.

Anyway, I don't care much about Jon's list right now.

Willy