Re: iptables, NAT, DNS & Dan Kaminsky

From: Richard Hartmann
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 10:59:38 EST

Hi Willy,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 21:55, Willy Tarreau <w@xxxxxx> wrote:

> you should re-post your question to relevant lists. I think that
> the netfilter ML would be more appropriate. The list you posted to
> is about Linux kernel development, which has nothing to do with
> how to setup iptables rules, so I don't think you'll find useful
> answers here, if any.

I also asked said list, but as I am especially concerned about
what kernels versions act in which way, I thought I would try
my luck here, as well.

> And BTW I don't think that many of the people
> reading LKML care a dime about the "exploit" for poorly configured
> DNS servers.

It is an exploit that is being abused as we speak and, unless you
mean source address filtering or the like, has nothing to do with
how the servers are configured (well, unless they are authorative
nameservers, but..).

Thanks,
Richard