Re: PIIX4: DMA timeout issue

From: gshan
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 21:21:28 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
On Wednesday 30 July 2008, gshan wrote:

[...]
The IRQ routing issue has been fixed. IRQ routing system
on my board is somewhat complicated: i8259->mlba (FPGA based
PCI device)->MV64460(system controller). I forgot to set MV64460
IRQ pin to level sensitive and edge sensitive was used, which caused
interrupt lost finally. After changing this to level sensitive, everything
seems fine. Now, the problem isn't interrupt lost, but suspending DMA
operations.

Thanks for explaining this.

Also is the problem still present in 2.6.26 or 2.6.27-rc1?

[ I don't see an information about the kernel version that is
being used in either of threads? ]
Sorry, I'm using 2.6.21 kernel.

Would be great to try with some recent one, the issue may have been
fixed already (which is quite likely given a number of bugfixes that
went in recent kernels).
I tried to searched in bugzilla.kernel.org and didn't find
there has fix on this issue. Yesterday, Jeff suggested me
to turn to ata driver for PIIX4. I tried this yesterday but still
have some problems to make PIIX4 workable under ata
driver. I will continue working on this today.

Gavin

Thanks,
Bart