Re: [GIT PULL] x86: use arch/x86/include

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 15:28:45 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:

But fortunately you've scripted all this, so i guess we can do it at any stage. Could you send the script we should run?

That's really the sanest way to deal with all this. If this is already automated, then we can script-generate a roving (constantly rebased) pseudo-branch, and apply it formally before pushing it up to Linus.

Restructuring changes are hideously messy, because they're orthogonal to everything else that's going on. The x86 merge itself and all that went along with it is a great example.

-hpa