Re: 463 kernel developers missing!

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 13:09:34 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 02:54:05PM +0200, Rene Herman wrote:
You only certify anything when _you_ put your address in. Given that it's a very common occurence that not you but _others_ do, this does not mean a _single_ thing. Tested-by, Bisected-by, what have you...
[...]
stuff like e.g. Tested-by or Bisected-by tags actually undermine what
the DCE 1.1 update should have accomplished.
[...]

Last time when I read a discussion about these tags, people at least at this side of the pond seemed to come to the conclusion that we ask testers for their consent if in doubt, before adding such a tag if they didn't do so themselves. (That's different from how we handle Acked-by: from fellow developers which we often imply from an informally given OK.)
--
Stefan Richter