Re: [build error] drivers/char/pcmcia/ipwireless/hardware.c:571:error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct ipw_network'

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 11:14:59 EST

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, James Bottomley wrote:

I see the patches came in via a straight email sequence. They really need to be in a tree somewhere that's pulled into linux-next so this type of thing gets noticed. Since they're wireless patches, why not send them through John Linville's wireless tree?

Well, the 'wireless' in the name of the driver is misleading, it's not 'wireless' device at all, it's just a serial modem (character device), with 'wireless' in its product name.

I used to have git tree for this driver some time ago, but after the driver has been merged, I have dropped it, as I didn't expect any massive further development of it. Apparently, David is going on with improving the driver (thanks!), so I'll probably resurrect it and ask Stephen to pull it into -next again.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina