Re: [patch 0/9] x86, xsave: xsave/xrstor support

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 19:47:51 EST

Suresh Siddha wrote:
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 04:09:12PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
Applied as tip:x86/xsave.

I should warn I had to do quite a bit of manual fixup in order to
disentangle it from other changes in -tip, so please test it out; I
compile-tested it but for obvious reasons can't do more than that at the
moment.

hpa, these patches just apply fine to tip/master. Can you please arrange
the tip/x86/xsave tree accordingly? or do I need to do something else
to smooth this process?

This is awkward, since that means this is "derived topic". Most of the changes are orthogonal and relatively trivial to fix up at merge time, so I would prefer to keep them separate.

-hpa