Re: 463 kernel developers missing!

From: Rene Herman
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 06:38:46 EST

On 29-07-08 02:50, Jon Smirl wrote:

Why do these all end in (none)?
Craig Hughes <craig@xxxxxxxx(none)>
Dave Neuer <dneuer@xxxxxxxx(none)>
David Brownell <david-b@xxxxxxxx(none)>
David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxx(none)>
Deepak Saxena <dsaxena@xxxxxxxx(none)>
Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz@xxxxxxx(none)>

Because rmk rewrites addresses to comply with privacy laws. Another good
example of why this nonsense of yours is exactly that.

I checked and am personally in there three times, once even without any
valid email address listed. And any time there's anything other than my
gmail address in some submission it at least recently means that someone
_else_ took my from: address and stuck it on there and while I don't
terribly mind that generally, I find it really annoying to see even those
mistakes harvested into your hugely google-accessible resource.

[ .. ]

As for privacy, if you don't want your email address in a file like
this don't put it into a GPL'd public project.

Like I told you, I don't. Others do. And while that's not a huge issue in itself, you harvesting it into your nicely formatted google and spam-base MAKES it an issue. Just stop this crap. Be away.

Rene.