Re: 463 kernel developers missing!

From: Rene Herman
Date: Mon Jul 28 2008 - 20:27:12 EST

On 29-07-08 02:14, Jon Smirl wrote:

Why do these all end in (none)?
Craig Hughes <craig@xxxxxxxx(none)>
Dave Neuer <dneuer@xxxxxxxx(none)>
David Brownell <david-b@xxxxxxxx(none)>
David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxx(none)>
Deepak Saxena <dsaxena@xxxxxxxx(none)>
Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz@xxxxxxx(none)>

Because rmk rewrites addresses to comply with privacy laws. Another good example of why this nonsense of yours is exactly that.

I checked and am personally in there three times, once even without any valid email address listed. And any time there's anything other than my gmail address in some submission it at least recently means that someone _else_ took my from: address and stuck it on there and while I don't terribly mind that generally, I find it really annoying to see even those mistakes harvested into your hugely google-accessible resource.

This is just yet another example of the senseless robotic crap people people just insist is "needed" and "valueable", but which is neither.

Nonsense it is.

Rene.