Re: [git pull] cpus4096 fixes

From: Mike Travis
Date: Mon Jul 28 2008 - 14:07:48 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Rusty Russell <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hey, since Mike put his Signed-off-by above mine and didn't put a From
>> line when he took my patch, WFT am I taking responsibility? :)
>
> hm, Mike, please dont do that. You changed Rusty's patch but the way we
> do that is to preserve the original change and then do a delta patch. If
> you dont want to split a commit you should keep the original From and
> mention your own changes in the changelog. I know this was all in the
> rush to meet -rc1, but still.
>
> Ingo

Yes, sorry, as I mentioned I wasn't aware of the correct thing to do. And
as you've mentioned, a lot of this has been under pressure because 2.6.27
will be the kernel that the distros use when this system comes online. So
time is the one thing we (SGI) do not have. That's not to say that doing it
wrong is ok, it's just that sometimes what I might think is trivial (ie.,
builds and functions correctly) might not be to others, and I welcome comments,
suggestions, reviews, criticism, ideas, whatever. As I've mentioned I am
new to this "arena" of development.

And again, thanks for the comments and feedback, it has been an enlightening
10 months. ;-)

Mike