Re: post 2.6.26 requires pciehp_slot_with_bus

From: Kenji Kaneshige
Date: Mon Jul 28 2008 - 03:22:58 EST

Matthew Wilcox wrote:
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 05:53:33PM +0900, Kenji Kaneshige wrote:
IIRC, pciehp uses bridge's secondary bus number for slot name, and
PCI express downstream port can have only one hotplug slot. I think
this is why with_bus prameter makes difference.

Ahh, I overlooked that last night.

But it doesn't work on the system that has multiple pci segments.

Yes, we still have the problem that pciehp does not include the 'chassis
number' as part of the name. I no longer have easy access to any
systems with multiple chassis. Do your systems have devices which
implement the PCI_CAP_ID_SLOTID capcbility? (as root) lspci -vvv will
report it:

printf("Slot ID: %d slots, First%c, chassis %02x\n",
esr & PCI_SID_ESR_NSLOTS,
FLAG(esr, PCI_SID_ESR_FIC),
chs);

Unfortunately, I don't have any systems that implement the
PCI_CAP_ID_SLOTID capability...

Thanks,
Kenji Kaneshige