Re: mISDN still breaking the allmodconfig build...

From: Marcel Holtmann
Date: Sun Jul 27 2008 - 21:13:36 EST

Hi Dave,

More fallout from the premature mISDN driver merge:

drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/hfcmulti.c:5255:2: error: #error "not
running on big endian machines now"

is that only the HFC driver or the whole mISDN stack?

I know that the two old ISDN stacks where really bad on big endian,
but my assumption was that we did sort this out in the end.

One of the two mISDN drivers uses the deprecated virt_to_bus()
interface for handling DMA addresses (that doesn't even work on many
x86 systems these days) and the other mISDN driver gives the above
big-endian compile time error.

In short, this driver was not ready for merging at all.

I am not defending it and agree that this driver should have had at least one test run in linux-next. However mISDN is a whole ISDN stack. So does mISDN has an issue too or do we only have a really broken driver. Karsten?

Regards

Marcel