Re: mmc_test with mmc_spi

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Sat Jul 26 2008 - 19:34:52 EST

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:23:38 +0200
Thomas Kunze <thommycheck@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> I wrote a small hack to be able to use the mmc_test driver on mmc-spi host. You or somebody else might find it useful.
> All test but "Correct xfer_size at write (start failure)", "Correct xfer_size at read (start failure)" and "Correct xfer_size
> at write (midway failure)" passed.
> I'm not sure what these tests try to do and how they do it, so I don't know if my modifcations of mmc_test, my spi driver or the
> mmc-spi driver are responsible.
>
> It would be great if you could provide some insight.

I haven't really thought about the SPI part that much. It has just the
one driver, so bugs should not be that reoccuring. There's no harm in
making mmc_test handle it though.

I don't know why those tests fail. There's a bit hackish, so they might
not work as intended with the SPI version of the protocol. Basically,
the send and invalid request to the controller where the card will stop
the data transaction too early. This is a crude test to make sure the
controller doesn't over-estimate the amount of data transferred.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.