Re: Problem mounting Motorola USB device

From: Pete Zaitcev
Date: Sat Jul 26 2008 - 17:07:16 EST

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:15:20 -0700, Alan <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-07-26 at 12:33 -0600, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> > One question: can you switch to self-built kernels instead of supplied
> > by Fedora, just for this bug? It would be easier for me to look at
> > (I'm speaking in the USB hacker capacity here rather than as one
> > of Chuck's underlings).
>
> Which tree do you want me to build from?

I think 2.6.26 would be a good place to start. Also I think the best would
be to populate the .config from /boot/config* that Fedora supplies. It takes
longer to build, but makes it more likely that we reproduce one or both
of the failures you saw (phone not mounted and the oops). You will need
to run mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.26-alan.img 2.6.26-alan or something
like it, Fedora's userland and .config pretty much require it.

-- Pete