Re: ACPI OSI disaster on latest HP laptops - critical temperatureshutdown

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Sat Jul 26 2008 - 08:42:35 EST

If vendors use _OSI(Windows) to work around Windows bugs, we get broken
automatically on those systems unless we put in some DMI-based hacks.

The general goal of ACPICA is to be bug-to-bug compatible with Windows.
So it might be needed for ACPICA to just emulate the respective bugs.

That said for this case I don't think that's needed, Linux just has to
detect the workarounds (which it already does I think)

-Andi