Re: How to disable group scheduler correctly?

From: Dhaval Giani
Date: Fri Jul 25 2008 - 13:39:16 EST

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:05:52AM -0700, Alberto Gonzalez wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Alberto

> Could anyone tell me which options to enable/disable to have the scheduler behavior as it was before 2.6.25 (i.e, completely disable the group scheduler)? There seems to be a lot of confusion [1] about which options to set or not set, so it would be nice if anyone could give the exact ones.

To switch off group scheduling completely, please set CONFIG_GROUP_SCHED
to off.

If you wish to have cgroup based group scheduling, you need to
set CONFIG_CGROUP_SCHED on (and if required CONFIG_FAIR_GROUP_SCHED for
CFS group scheduling and CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED for RT group scheduling)

--
regards,
Dhaval