Re: [RFC 00/15] x86_64: Optimize percpu accesses

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Fri Jul 25 2008 - 12:09:12 EST

Mike Travis wrote:
FYI, I think it was a combination of errors that was causing my problems.
In any case, I've successfully compiled and booted Ingo's pesky config
config-Tue_Jul__1_16_48_45_CEST_2008.bad with gcc's 4.2.0, 4.2.3 and 4.2.4
on both Intel and AMD boxes. (As well as a variety of other configs.)

Good. What compilers have you tested? Will it work over the complete supported range?

I think Hugh's change adding "text" to the BUILD_IRQ macro might also have
helped, since interrupts seemed to have always been involved in the panics.
That might explain the variable-ness of the gcc version's.

Yes, indeed. That was a nasty one, and will be very sensitive to the exact order gcc decided to emit things.