Re: WLAN regression before this morning

From: Stefanik Gábor
Date: Fri Jul 25 2008 - 12:01:29 EST

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I too have a problem with wireless in the current 2.6.26-gitX kernels. If
> you have done the git pull, you can try bisecting to find the problem. Use
> 'git bisect good v2.6.26' to mark a known good point. If you don't wish to
> take the time bisecting, then issue a 'git checkout v2.6.26'. That should
> give you a kernel that works.
>
> Larry
> --

I am also seeing problems - although I can connect to networks (with
zd1211rw, ath5k & sometimes with b43), it disconnects after about 2
minutes with a sudden "Removed STA"/"Destroyed STA" pair (no "assume
out of range" or anything). However, if I use wpa_supplicant to
connect to wepped networks (rather than just "iwconfig wlan0 essid
<ESSID> key s:<ASCII key>"), the problem goes away, and the connection
is stable for hours.

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)