Re: post 2.6.26 requires pciehp_slot_with_bus

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Thu Jul 24 2008 - 17:51:45 EST

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:07:18 -0700
Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:39 pm Pierre Ossman wrote:
> >
> > This is a laptop with a single expressport that worked fine up until
> > this merge window. What changed and why is it no longer possible to
> > support this hardware without a kernel parameter?
>
> Yeah we're being a bit more careful about registering hotplug slots these
> days. The fact that you got a conflict message indicates that more than one
> driver is trying to bind to that PCIe port and handle hotplug for it. I
> guess acpiphp must already be loaded?

Nope. Only pciehp is builtin, and acpiphp is not loaded. Anything
non-hotplug related that can block stuff?

Anyway, the port seems to work even with that warning present though
(sorry for not testing that properly earlier). Stray warnings is still
not pleasant though, so I can do some more testing if you have some
ideas.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.