Re: 22bb1be4d27... breaks hal (and NM)

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Thu Jul 24 2008 - 08:34:08 EST

On Thursday 24 July 2008 13:11:13 Andrew Morton wrote:
> : + Say Y if you have programs using it (we don't know of any).

Probably would have been less confusing if the Kconfig message actually lined
up with the note about older HALs in feature-removal-schedule.txt. Saying "we
don't know of any" seems inaccurate. This should really be something
like "old HAL versions" or perhaps even better "HAL <= X.Y.Z".

I'm sure distributors will have the common sense to stop enabling the option
in the future. In the mean time, removing the deceptive summary would
hopefully avoid such bug reports.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.