Re: ext3 on latest -git: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000c

From: Vegard Nossum
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 07:58:29 EST

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Josef Bacik <jbacik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You can see the full log at
>> http://folk.uio.no/vegardno/linux/log-1216380709.txt which shows that
>> it already survived a lot of failures, so I'm guessing your patch was
>> correct and we just hit a different case. What do you think?
>>

> Yeah you are right, its like a shitty game of wack-a-mole. Heres another patch,
> same thing as last time, pull the other one out put this one on. Thanks,

It seems to hold up -- no stacktraces, but lots of IO failures.

I would leave it in testing for a bit more, but I've got to run; I'll
give it another go when I get home.

You may see the log so far: http://folk.uio.no/vegardno/linux/log-1216382128.txt

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it